Join us, as a Geotechnical Engineer at Hart Crowser in Seattle, Portland, Honolulu, Tacoma, or Spokane. You will be part of the team responsible for geotechnical engineering of the world’s longest floating bridge, highest MSE wall in the Western Hemisphere, largest diameter soft-ground bored tunnel, and some of the tallest buildings in the United States. Founded in 1972, Hart Crowser has nearly 100 staff in 7 offices in Hawaii, Alaska, Washington and Oregon.
As a geotechnical engineer you will bring your expertise and unique solutions to highly visible and challenging projects. Through our mentorship program and collaborative environment, we will empower you to grow your career in the direction that you want. Our staff of engineers provide a wide range of geotechnical services, from site investigations and construction observations to state of the art designs. We provide innovative and creative solutions to clients in private industry and the public sector.
Our Technical Level Geotechnical Engineer will have an MS or PhD in Geotechnical Engineering, 5 to 20 years of increasingly responsible professional experience, strong technical capabilities, a PE license, and extensive experience in numerical modelling, leveraging advanced constitutive models, performance based design. The applicant should have an advanced understanding of theoretical soil mechanics, soil characterization, and liquefaction hazard assessment. The applicant must have very good communication skills, enjoy collaborating with others, and sharing their knowledge. This position is a technical position, longer term business development desire is not expected.
This individual will be responsible for:
- Performing advanced geotechnical and seismic analyses.
- Providing geotechnical design and construction recommendations.
- Mentoring junior staff.
- Interpreting data and producing technical reports.
- Providing QA/QC assurance.
- Staying current in the industry by attending and participating in technical conferences and seminars.
- Experience with the LRFD design method.
- PhD in Geotechnical Engineering.
- Extensive numerical modelling experience.
- Extensive knowledge in geotechnical applied statistics.
- Extensive understanding of the fundamentals of a wide-range of geotechnical systems.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates must be able to provide documentation of eligibility to work in the US. Hart Crowser has a strong commitment to provide an environment that fosters creative thinking and opportunities for professional development. As an employee-owned company, each individual contributes to the success of the firm.