Each day gives us an opportunity to leave our mark on the world. Creating a Lasting Positive Impact through engineering, surveying, and environmental expertise is the primary focus of Draper Aden Associates. We are more than just a set of plans; we are a way to achieve.
Draper Aden Associates is currently seeking a Senior Geotechnical Program Engineer to join our Geotechnical Team in our Geotechnical and Construction Division. The position is located in our Blacksburg, VA office.
As a Senior Geotechnical Program Engineer, you will be a contributing member of a highly trained and experienced team that performs observations and testing during earthwork and construction of commercial, institutional, landfill, and industrial projects. Responsibilities include construction monitoring and testing of soil, concrete, and other materials. Five to 15 years of experience are required.
- Acquiring new geotechnical projects.
- Scoping/pricing geotechnical studies
- Overseeing field exploration and laboratory test programs
- Developing geotechnical recommendations with the assistance of Senior Design Engineer/PhD
- Preparing geotechnical reports.
- Opportunities available to manage materials testing projects if desired.
PREFERRED TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND/OR SKILLS
- VA Professional Engineering License or ability to obtain through reciprocity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A flexible working style and an ability to work independently and with teams
- Strong analytical and judgement capabilities
- Valid Driver's License
- Bachelor or Master degree in relevant field
- Experience with geophysical methods is preferred but not required.
Draper Aden Associates promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing.
Draper Aden Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer who looks forward to helping people build long-term successful careers within our organization.