Haley & Aldrich is a 600+ person national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem solving-ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of the culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.
The Buildings & Infrastructure Business Unit is currently seeking a Geotechnical Assistant Project Manager with strong technical skills to work in the transportation and water/waste water infrastructure, government buildings and institutions market sectors to assist in management of projects that require site characterization, engineering design of foundations and below-grade structures, and field support during construction. This position will be located in our Boston, MA office.
The successful candidate will:
• Understand client needs and can develop strong client relationships.
• Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary project teams.
• Partner with and support Project Managers on all aspects the project to address client goals and objectives.
• Play a key role in quality control, planning, cost estimating, and scheduling.
• Plan and direct geotechnical field observation and testing programs.
• Effectively prepare recommendations for various foundation systems, including driven piles, drilled piers, mat foundations, micro-piles, and spread footings.
• Evaluate seismic hazards including liquefaction.
• Have experience with geotechnical laboratory test selection and evaluation.
• Be capable of managing financial, technical and personnel aspects of projects.
• Execute projects to meet technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling requirements.
• Demonstrate very strong verbal communications and written skills including client deliverables.
• Be effective in assigning and managing work.
• Demonstrate strong coaching and mentoring skills to more junior level staff.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in Civil Engineering/Geotechnical Engineering
• 5-7 years of related geotechnical engineering experience
• Professional registration (EIT, PE) strongly preferred.
• Experience in planning and directing geotechnical field observation and testing programs
• Experience with preparing recommendations for various foundation systems, including driven piles, drilled piers, mat foundations, micro-piles, and spread footings, evaluating seismic hazards including liquefaction
• Experience with mid-and high-rise buildings; deep excavations, shoring and underpinning, mass grading, dewatering, slope stability, retaining wall design and ground improvements techniques
• Basic skills in quality control, planning, cost estimating, and scheduling
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be proficient at writing technical reports to meet scope and quality objectives and client expectations
• Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in industry standard software
• Strong organization skills and exceptional attention to detail is expected
• Positive attitude, strong work ethic, flexibility, and willingness to work in teams to see projects through to completion are a must
About Haley & Aldrich
Haley & Aldrich is a nation-wide community, richly connected by networks of extraordinary people who seek to make the world a better place. We believe in creating potential through our people. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can collaborate, fully engage, learn and put your expertise to work to handle important challenges, we want to talk with you! We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401K with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care and more. Interested candidates should apply online at http://www.haleyaldrich.com/join-us/open-positions.
Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status.