Bridge Engineer (L-2017-01)NY office
Arora and Associates is seeking an Engineer with creative problem-solving skills, and thrives in a collaborative and team–oriented environment.
- Preparation of design calculations for bridges, culverts, retaining walls, foundations and sign structures.
- Developing and analyzing linear and non-linear, static and dynamic finite element models for bridge structures and foundations.
- Supports preparation of contract documents including plans, quantities and cost estimates.
- Work with CADD professionals in the preparation of contract plans.
- Implementation of corporate Quality Assurance Plan.
- Perform field work to document condition assessments and existing conditions.
- Provide shop drawing review and responses to contractor RFIs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year program.
- Completion of structural analysis, steel design, concrete design courses plus other structural engineering electives and a design project.
- E.I.T. certificate preferred
- 2-5 years of progressive experience. Working knowledge of AASHTO standards a plus.
- Fundamental understanding of finite element analysis and dynamic analysis
- Working knowledge of FE software, such as CSiBridge, SAP, M.DAS, STAAD a plus.