Duffield Associates, Inc. is an award-winning engineering and science consulting firm specializing in civil, environmental, and geotechnical engineering, construction consulting and testing services. Established in 1976, Duffield has grown to include a professional and technical staff of over 90 individuals. The firm’s headquarters is located in a historic barn and farmhouse in Pike Creek Valley outside of Wilmington, Delaware. We have regional offices in Georgetown and Dover, Delaware, Center City Philadelphia and Carlisle, Pennsylvania and Bel Air, Maryland.
We are looking for energetic engineers with 4-8 years in construction and geotechnical engineering to work in a diverse environment with a variety of clients and professionals.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing field work including working closely with construction review technicians and entry-level engineers;
- Documentation, reduction, analysis, and reporting of field and laboratory data;
- Proposal preparation, engineering analysis and report preparation;
- Construction materials testing, construction review, and interpretation of construction specifications;
- Field investigation and soil laboratory testing, including test borings, test pits, monitoring wells, cone penetrometer testing, and geotechnical instrumentation;
- Field review and analysis for shallow and deep foundations, including installation of drilled and driven piles, and dynamic and static pile load tests;
- Enthusiasm for engineering, construction, and working in a team environment;
- Diverse experience with a focus on problem solving and difficult field applications;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Willingness to travel to projects within southeastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more.
- 4 - 8 years of geotechnical engineering and construction review experience
- Bachelor's degree in civil/geotechnical engineering; preference given to candidates with a graduate degree
- Preference given to candidates with Professional Engineering license; NCEES "Engineer-In-Training" required.
Duffield Associates is proud to offer a wide variety of benefits to our eligible employees. Each eligible employee receives a Benefit Contribution to spend as he/she pleases on plans such as:
- 5 choices of medical plans
- Several choices of dental and vision insurance
- Ancillary benefits such as: Life Insurance, critical illness, accident insurance, Teledoc, Pet insurance, Legal assistance.
- Company provided Short-term and Long-term Disability
- 401k and Roth 401k with company match of 50% of employee contribution up to 6%.
- 8 paid holidays
Minimum of 80 hours of vacation plus 40 hours of sick time.