NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, program management and environmental markets. NV5 is an ENR Top 500 firm; we offer a full range of professional services in offices throughout the U.S.
The Substation Engineer will provide technical design support, Quality Assurance checks, construction support and procurement support working directly for an NV5 client. This position will directly support client activities and will be located at the client office. This role requires the ability to support multiple projects, take direction from co-located client and support other client projects performed by remote NV5 staff. Additionally, this role requires excellent written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work independently.
- You will prepare construction drawings and documents for substation projects meeting client and NV5 requirements.
- Able to fulfill assignments that require independent judgment and evaluation.
- Apply engineering design principles and practices for engineering calculations
- Provide Quality Assurance checks on drawing packages and calculations prepared by others.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Develop your career via peer-learning through sharing of knowledge with other experienced designers and engineers.
- Travel to client project sites as needed within client service territory, consisting of St. Mary’s County, Charles County and parts of Prince George’s and Calvert County in Maryland (less than 25% travel is anticipated).
- The minimum educational qualifications are a 4 year ABET accredited BSEE or equivalent.
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) License is required, a Professional Engineer License in Electrical (Power) is a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency and working knowledge of the latest versions of AutoCAD and Micro Station is a plus.
- Three (3) or more years of experience, including direct design, drawing preparation, technical calculations and construction support
- Fundamentals of Engineers (FE) license is required for this position
NV5 offers a complete and competitive benefit package:
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.