NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, program management and environmental markets. NV5 is an ENR Top 500 firm; we offer a full range of professional services in offices throughout the U.S.
Our Boston office is looking to add a CAD Technician to its busy team! This position will produce drawings using AutoCAD MEP and/or Revit for designers, engineers, and/or senior engineers on a large number of concurrent projects.
- Set-up new jobs on the network that are received from the architect or the Project Manager and/or Group Produces drawings using AutoCAD MEP and/or Revit from mark-up drawings, verbal communication or written direction provided by engineers in all disciplines of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, telecommunication and/or other disciplines. Certain setup and updates received from the architect will be sole responsibility of one cad technician per project.
- Maintaining CAD standards put in place by the BIM Department and reporting issues to the BIM Department. Drafting and design work being done for an engineer will be under supervision of the Engineer, Project Manager and/or Group Leader.
- Produces graphs, charts, overlays, isometric and perspective drawings, insertion of blocks, schedules and details from specification sheets or directly from within the CAD/Revit platforms.
- Other duties include cutting/trimming of plans, photocopying, plotting, scanning, packaging, mailing, and other miscellaneous duties which may be required from time to time to assist in providing clients the most accurate product as timely as possible.
- Must have formal training in AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Experience with AutoCAD MEP and Revit required.
- Must have three or more years of computer experience.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
NV5 offers a complete and competitive benefits package
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.