NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, program management and environmental markets. NV5 is an ENR Top 500 firm; we offer a full range of professional services in offices throughout the U.S.
NV5 is looking for a Controller for the San Diego office to work directly with the Regional Controller. The successful candidate will work with Office Leaders and Project Managers on reporting, project information and analysis. They will oversee financial staff, Project Analyst's and Billing Coordinators.
- Project Accounting – Develop good working knowledge of project accounting system and controls, with ability to support and train Project Accountants and other supporting accounting staff. Lead efforts for reporting of project information and analysis to include WIP aging, employee labor utilization reports, Project profitability and Project Earnings.
- Field Financial Functions – Manage and support all field financial functions for the service line/locations including project accounting/client billing processing, accounts payable, and general ledger review.
- Monthly closing - Manage and perform accounting functions necessary to achieve accurate and timely monthly financial results and reports for the service line/locations. Review monthly Income Statement results and prepare applicable month end entries.
- Process / controls – Implement and monitor required process and controls in order to guarantee alignment with corporate procedures and local business needs.
- Reports / Analysis – Prepare monthly financial / business reports including budget vs actual analysis, Key Performance Indicators (KPI) analysis, and current status of key projects in the region. Identify opportunities for improvement in operational and field financial areas.
- Budget / Forecast – lead preparation of annual budget and forecasts for the locations under his/her responsibility.
- Integration of new acquisitions – Work with corporate team in the integration of acquisitions to align with the service line financial processes.
- Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related discipline with at least 5 years relevant experience and good working knowledge of financial, accounting, legal and business principles.
- Ability to manage staff and a multi-function department or office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint, are required.
- Experience in Deltek Vision systems preferred.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.