We are offering an exciting opportunity for an entry level Structural Engineer in our Annapolis MD office. We currently have numerous design and inspection projects for bridges, tunnels and transportation related structures.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
· Ability to perform structural design calculations (beam design, reinforced concrete and steel structures design and analysis), sketches, computer modeling and similar technical work as required
· Ability to read and develop contract plans, special provisions, and engineer’s estimates
· Review drawings and recommend necessary changes
· Assist with field inspections and condition assessments of transportation structures and facilities
· Research design options and Codes and discuss with Project Managers
· Job duties will involve a mixture of office and field work
· BS or ME in Civil or Structural Engineering
· 0-3 years of relevant experience
· EIT preferred or the ability to obtain FE certifications
· Experience with analytical software such as SAP, CSi Bridge, Midas, Lusas, etc.
· Experience with CAD software such as MicroStation and AutoCad
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Must be a highly motivated and responsible individual with a strong work ethic and commitment to work as part of a team both in the office and in the field
· Willingness to travel for short term assignments within the Mid-Atlantic Region