T.Y. Lin International’s Albuquerque, New Mexico office is looking to add a Structural Engineer to complete design and production of various structural projects. As part of the Albuquerque Office, the Structural Engineer may be called upon to support other offices within the Southwest District and the Western Region as needed.
- Perform structural design and analysis for bridge structures using approved computer programs and manual computations in accordance with accepted bridge design practice and design specifications and guidelines.
- Perform quantity take-offs and cost estimates for project budgeting and evaluation of alternatives.
- Perform geometric layout.
- Develop structural details for non-standard bridge components.
- Perform production of structural drawings and details.
- Direct and review production of drawings by CAD technicians.
- Assist with project administrative activities including document, cost and schedule control, preparation of meeting minutes, and progress reports and invoices.
- Perform independent checking of structural designs and plans.
- Prepare technical construction specifications.
- Other assignments as needed.
This position requires a BSCE degree with an emphasis in structures, a valid New Mexico Professional Engineer’s License (or ability to obtain within 6 months), and a minimum of 4 years of experience with concrete and steel structures. The candidate must have a strong technical interest in the design, permitting, and construction of bridge/structural projects. The position will also require knowledge and involve extensive use of Design and CADD software applications. Suitable candidates must possess ability to prepare comprehensive engineering reports. Experience with New Mexico DOT plan preparation is preferred.