As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 180 offices worldwide, our over 8000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Golder Associates is seeking a Senior Rock Mechanics Engineer for the Portland, Oregon office to support our growing Mining Sector. As a key member of the Mine Rock Team, the successful candidate will be expected to:
* Provide consultation on mining projects for North American and international clients;
* Prepare technical proposals and reports which may include; design, analyses, geotechnical subsurface investigation, earthworks design, stability analysis for surface and underground excavation;
* Design, implement and oversee geotechnical studies for mining projects, including pit inspections, monitoring reviews, ground control reviews, drilling programs, rock slope and underground design studies;
* Manage analytical studies
* Lead project teams, working with other professionals, to deliver high quality reports on time and within budget;
* Manage quality control regarding all aspects of geotechnical work, including critical review of results;
* Interact with clients regarding daily work, schedule, inspections and engineering work;
* Provide engineering services and project management according to client-approved scopes of work;
* Liaise with technical specialists from other offices within Golder;
* Provide direction and training of junior and intermediate geotechnical engineering staff.
* Develop client relationships and take part in business development activities
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
* Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Geological, Civil or Mining Engineering;
* Significant experience (15 years minimum) in Rock Mechanics, capable of demonstrating a strong and effective background in mine rock engineering in a consulting background, operational experience a strong benefit;
* Willingness to travel as directed by project requirements;
* Proven capabilities in planning and executing complex field and analytical projects
* Proven capabilities in writing geotechnical reports and technical communications;
* PE license is a plus but not required.
* Proven capabilities working productively in project teams;
* Strong analytical skills are essential;
* Strong interpersonal communication and critical thinking skills are essential;
* Strong business development and client relations skills;
* Strong mentorship and leadership traits.
Our staff benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Employee mentoring program
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Golder Associates Statement
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.