Golder Associates Inc. is currently seeking a Staff Geotechnical Engineer for the Denver, Colorado location. Your primary responsibilities will include:
* Working with project teams on civil, geotechnical, and mining projects.
* Performing engineering analyses such as:
* Site and material characterization
* Slope stability
* Consolidation and settlement
* Storage capacity
* Surface water management
* Liner systems
* Preparing portions of or complete reports documenting field and laboratory investigations, engineering analyses, and facility designs
* Preparing project design packages including technical drawings, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates
* Conducting domestic and international field assignments, such as facility inspections, geotechnical investigations, and construction monitoring.
* Preparing and implementing project health and safety plans.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
* Master’s or Doctoral degree in geotechnical engineering, or an equivalent field of study that includes academic focus on soil mechanics - consideration may be given to candidate with a BS degree and 1-2 years of relevant work experience;
* EIT registration or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire, or licensure as Professional Engineer;
* Strong computer skills and experience with industry standard commercial computer software such as Microsoft Office, AutoCAD Civil 3D, GeoStudio, and Rocscience Slide;
* Strong engineering skills and ability to complete geotechnical calculations and analyses;
* Experience with geotechnical field investigation activities such as soil sampling, logging, in-situ testing, instrumentation installation, and groundwater sampling and geotechnical laboratory testing;
* Detailed oriented with strong analytical skill and a positive attitude as well as the ability to work both independently and on teams;
* Comfortable in remote settings, with a can-do attitude, and a willingness to perform a variety of tasks as needed to complete an assignment and satisfy project demands;
* Must be eligible for employment in the U.S. and pass a pre-employment physical including drug screen and pre-employment background check;
As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 170 offices worldwide, our over 7000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Our staff benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
* Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Employee mentoring program
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy.
Golder Associates Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.