At Knight Piésold, we believe in the one-team approach, with everyone working together toward achieving a shared goal. There are no barriers, and no one works in isolation. You will get to build on your talents through our knowledge-sharing culture, working across borders and collaborating with top professionals in the industry.
We value each employee and recognize their contribution to overall success of the company. We offer competitive compensation in order to retain the best employees and are committed to further reward employees who consistently perform at a high level.
In addition, we also offer comprehensive benefits programs, social events, and stimulating work. If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding work environment where you can excel, Knight Piésold has it all.
We are hiring an experienced Civil/Geotechnical Project Manager for our Denver office.
The Civil/Geotechnical Project Manager directs and reviews the integration of technical activities and products related to mining design and engineering work, including preparing detailed proposals and schedules. planning and participating in site investigations, directing geotechnical and hydrology/hydraulics analysis and design, coordinating technical work within several disciplines and groups, including internal and external consultants, and construction teams; and coordinating with client representatives at different levels.
Responsible for all phases of civil earthwork design and/or construction projects which include but may not be limited to: water dams, tailing dams, heap leach pads, roads, channels, heavy structures foundations, and other mining, renewable energy, and hydropower facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for the overall management on earthwork projects
- Review client project information, distribute internally, discuss and provide feedback
- Prepare documents including design criteria, scope of work and schedule, procedures and requirements, diagrams and drawings, specifications and other design-produced documents, to determine the approach and work to be undertaken, budgeted, scheduled and implemented.
- Coordinate, direct and perform design of selected structures. This requires working with a single engineering or scientific discipline or multiple disciplines. A collaborative project management style is required, which emphasizes the individual as a professional and team member, but also balances the requirement to complete the scope of work as agreed under the contract.
- Prepare and direct design work which includes preparation and control of schedules, budgets, resources, and deliverables, as well as progress reports.
- Projects may also include direction and coordination of construction support teams including supervision, CQA and construction management teams from the home office.
- Plan and supervise temporary works and environmental protection “Best management practices”
- Update and inform the project team and/or client representative on work progress providing suggested solutions or modifications as needed.
- Conduct technical editing, document development, and production activities.
Technical Ability - Strong working knowledge of, and experience in civil, geotechnical, water resources, environmental engineering and/or earthwork construction principles.
Education/Experience - Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in civil engineering, geotechnical or water resources and 7-12 years of experience in earthwork construction projects.
Language Ability - Successful candidates must be able to read, analyze and interpret engineering reports, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. They must also be able to write technical reports and business correspondence. Competency in both written and spoken English required. Spanish would be an asset.
Computer Skills - Proficiency in MS Office. Knowledge of Civil 3D, GEO-Slope programs, GINT, HEC-RAS, and other latest geotechnical and hydrology/hydraulics analysis and design software would be an asset.
Certificates and Licenses - Registration or eligibility, with the requisite experience, to be registered as a professional engineer in Colorado.
Work Environment - Work will be in an office environment with travel to sites determined by project needs. Adherence to safety standards including those of the firm and any local health and safety agencies mandatory.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Knight Piésold is an affirmative action employer and race, color, gender, ethnicity, religion, disability and veteran status are not taken into account in any employment decision.