The Sr. Cost Estimator assists either the preconstruction team through the development of cost estimates, value management, and estimate proposal reports. This position solicits subcontractor pricing or bids and is able to prepare scopes of work for all trade contractors. The Sr. Cost Estimator must be able to meet critical deadlines, accurately obtain quantities and develop pricing for building components and have the ability to work as part of a team.
What you’ll do
- Support project team migration to greater use of BIM/VDC tools.
- Quantity surveying and pricing work in both conceptual and detailed design phases
- Maintain subcontractor relations and demonstrating knowledge of our procurement processes
- Develop estimates for civil, structural, interior construction and exterior envelope elements at concept and detailed levels of design.
- Support the estimate work by annotating assumptions and clarification narratives
- Scheduling processes and procedures. Can accurately forecast the schedule durations for discipline expertise areas.
- Propose value management options in the discipline expertise areas
- Ability to track and manage value management options using the company PCE process
- Manage a small team of Preconstruction Engineers
What we’re looking for
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products, BIM software tools, Skanska subcontractor outreach tools, Skanska document control systems and Skanska estimating software
- Broad understanding of industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Functions effectively as part of a team; Collaborative
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Mastery of Sage Timberline estimating software
- Good knowledge of the subcontractor market(s). Able to attract subcontractor interest in our work and to explain our prequalification process to subcontractors.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or equivalent/applicable degree
- Generally 3-6 years of estimating, controls and/or engineering experience
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have more than 10,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2016, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $6.8 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $17.7 billion in 2016. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2017 by Forbes.