The preconstruction director’s role it manage the process and resources that provide quality pre-construction services to both internal and external clients, and oversee and manage the progress of existing projects to ensure their completion within the parameters of the established project budget. This position reports to and receives direction from the VP of Preconstruction.
What you’ll do:
- Review and oversee project schedules and develop draft general conditions estimates for operational input
- Execute mastery of the companies risk management procedures including strategies for bonds, insurance and Subguard.
- Work with business development and account managers in proposal preparation and the delivery of sales presentations.
- Navigate and utilize BIM models and effectively use the tools to our advantage
- Manage a team of estimators and engineers
- Establish relationships with subcontractors and business partners to accomplish preconstruction responsibilities
- Demonstrate Expert knowledge of construction pricing who can be counted on to maintain company pricing within our database
What we’re looking for:
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products, Estimating Software and Skanska subcontractor outreach and document control systems
- Understands consequences of actions and seeks counsel in making key decisions
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Exhibits Skanska’s values and adheres to company code of ethics
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems. If MEP Discipline, working knowledge of architectural, structural and civil systems
- Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or equivalent/applicable degree
- Generally a minimum of 12 years of experience in Cost Estimating/Preconstruction.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have more than 10,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2016, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $6.8 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $17.7 billion in 2016. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2017 by Forbes.