The Preconstruction Manager’s role is to manage the processes and resources that provide quality pre-construction services to both internal and external clients, and review the progress of existing projects to ensure their completion within the parameters of the established preconstruction scope of services. This position reports to and receives direction from the Preconstruction Director and VP of Preconstruction.
What you’ll do:
- Develop estimates for projects of all size and complexity for exterior envelope, civil and structural elements at concept and detailed levels of design. If MEP Discipline, same.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems. If MEP Discipline, developing knowledge of architectural, structural and civil systems.
- Establish contacts at numerous subcontractor and vendor locations.
- Assist operations Leaders and office/regional scheduling resources in providing input for project schedules. Has a good working understanding of durations for activities.
- Coordinate and manage a team of estimators establishing a preconstruction work plan that defines deliverables and responsibilities for assigned estimators
- Present and support our work to internal and external clients
- Manage all aspects of the required preconstruction deliverables to a client.
- Review of our work product and insures all deliverables are accurate, complete and well-conceived in content and presentation.
- Develop the necessary understanding of the companies risk management procedures including strategies for bonds, insurance and Subguard.
What we’re looking for:
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products, estimating software and Skanska subcontractor outreach and document control systems
- Navigate and utilize BIM models and effectively use the tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and review / comment on project purchasing plans and bid packages
- Ability to develop or maintain relationships with clients
- Keep project team informed on job progress
- Must have a good attitude and be approachable
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Strong knowledge of the local market conditions and how those may impact the planning and estimating of our projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or equivalent/applicable degree.
- Generally 8 to 12 years of estimating, controls and/or engineering experience.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have more than 10,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2016, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $6.8 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $17.7 billion in 2016. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2017 by Forbes.