The Project Executive develops and implements a plan to deliver the required project and services in the most effective and efficient manner possible, with the support of the project teams and input from external stakeholders. This position is responsible for managing all Company contact with new and existing clients. The Project Executive may oversee a single large project or multiple projects. This position is responsible for generating business, negotiating contracts, estimating, bidding, profit/loss of assigned projects, and supervision of project management staff.
What You'll Do:
- Coordinate efficient assignment of staff among projects with Account Manager and oversee management of on-site staff;
- Assist Business Development/Marketing in the sales process for new and existing clients, including presentations and proposals;
- Enhance good relationships with clients, designers, consultants and internal Skanska clients;
- Confer with Account Manager and project management to identify client expectations and to develop related project strategies;
- Lead project team in development of Project Execution Plan;
- Assist in overseeing cost control and change management systems;
- Oversee execution and updates of initial master schedule;
- Oversee preparation of reports regarding financial performance of the project, including PSRs, PFCs and CI reports;
- Review monthly owner project status reports, as required;
- Attend and participate in project meetings, including progress, pre-construction and pre-award;
- Coordinate development and maintenance of site logistics plan with Project Manager and Superintendent;
- Assist in overseeing project close-out;
- Approve Subcontractor/Vendor Bid Lists/Bid Packages and Awards with project management;
- Authorize reimbursable travel/expenses and non-reimbursable travel/expenses up to $1,000 as required;
- Conduct quality inspections;
- Communicate and enforce Skanska Safety and Health Management Program;
- Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through own actions and mentoring others;
- Develop skills and mentor project management employees, including conducting employee evaluations per Skanska’s guidelines, as required.
We're Looking For:
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft office products;
- Advanced knowledge of industry;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Extensive knowledge of financial operations;
- Excellent management skills;
- Functions effectively as part of a team;
- Exhibits excellent leadership qualities;
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times;
- Ability to delegate work appropriately;
- Excellent decision-making/problem-solving skills;
Bachelor’s Degree – Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent;
15+ years extensive experience in management of construction operating units.
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
- Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
- Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
- Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation, life sciences and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have nearly 11,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2017, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $7.3 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $18.8 billion in 2017. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2018 by Forbes.