Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times - Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Engineer with 6 to 10 Years of Experience in our San Francisco, CA office. The successful candidate will have substantial recent experience managing and performing environmental site investigation and remediation projects in California. A strong technical background, in-depth knowledge of California regulations governing site investigation and remediation projects, and the ability to interpret and apply the regulations, is essential. Prior experience on small and large scale projects involving vapor intrusion investigation and mitigation design, remedial investigation, feasibility study, and design, landfill post-closure environmental planning, and dry cleaner impacted sites is a definite plus. As a part of the Langan team, the successful candidate will be responsible for task and project management, guiding and reviewing the work of staff, report and work plan preparation, managing billings, and interacting with clients, regulatory agencies and senior management.
- Bachelors degree in Environmental Engineering, Geology or Hydrogeology required; Masters degree in Environmental Engineering preferred;
- 6 to 10 years of related California experience in contaminated sites investigation, engineering feasibility studies, remedial and mitigation system design and construction oversight for urban in-fill projects, including experience with chlorinated solvents, petroleum hydrocarbons, fuel additives, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, and heavy metals;
- Experience conducting Phase I, II and III environmental site assessment including drilling observation, sampling, well installation, construction/remediation oversight;
- California Professional licensure or the ability to obtain within 1 year;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of California regulations, CERCLA and RCRA;
- Ability to prepare effective proposals and cost estimates;
- Effectively manage projects from concept through completion;
- Ability to manage and mentor staff;
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member;
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, contractors, clients and managers;
- Willingness and ability to identify new client opportunities is strongly desired;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and related environmental software; AutoCAD and/or GIS a plus.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for remote job site locations;
- Ability to travel to and work in any of the Bay Area offices;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification; and,
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!