Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times - Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan seeks an Engineering Geologist in our Irvine, CA office. As the successful candidate, you will have 6-10 years of related work experience. Possession of a professional demeanor, practical field experience, and desire to learn is essential to this position.
- Develop scope and execute field investigations;
- Identify and implement field and lab work solutions;
- Identify and characterize geologic hazards in the field;
- Research and compile geologic data for projects;
- Work with engineers to provide geologic support with respect to impact of site geologic conditions to site structures;
- Develop geologic cross sections, geologic maps, and other pertinent figures for project reports;
- Assist in training staff and quality control of staff work;
- Prepare and review logs and reports;
- Interact with clients and contractors; and
- Manage projects and budgets.
- Bachelors degree in Geology; MS preferred;
- California Professional Geologist (PG) license registration;
- 6 to 10 years of experience in the field of engineering geology;
- Experience with geologic hazard investigations, with emphasis on landslide, A-P fault rupture evaluations, and rockfall projects;
- Experience with performing detailed geologic mapping at a professional level;
- Experience with reviewing and interpreting stereo-paired aerial photographs;
- Ability to effectively communicate technical details to clients, co-workers and staff; and,
- Excellent technical writing skills.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!