Geocomp is seeking a full-time Senior Engineer with a geotechnical and/or structural engineering background and project management experience to join our team of highly skilled engineers in our Acton, MA headquarters. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a high performing growth-oriented professional consulting group.
When you join Geocomp, you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture, focused on delivering best practices. You will find that we offer a collaborative and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. We encourage all of our employees to strive for personal excellence and to act with integrity and honesty. We are looking for candidates who enjoy delivering innovative, value-based solutions for our clients and who have a desire to learn, grow and have fun doing it. Those who take initiative and who are self-motivated will thrive in Geocomp’s environment.
We are looking for someone who takes pride in delivering exceptional client service and has a history of managing successful projects and teams. Primary responsibilities will include project management and project delivery.
- Manage the full life cycle of a project ensuring that all deliverables are provided on time and within scope and budget
- Develop and implement project plans, budgets and schedules
- Understanding of contract terms and conditions
- Routinely interact with and manage relationships with clients, customers, officials, contractors and other stakeholders
- Prepares/reviews technical reports, engineering design and calculations, and specifications
- Lead and mentor project staff
- Attendance at conferences and networking events
- Other responsibilities as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience managing both small and medium sized projects
- Strong understanding of Technical requirements needed to complete projects
- Strong Organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to develop a supportive team culture
- Proven understanding and implementation of health and safety concepts
- Experience with quality assurance procedures
- Project Manager/Senior Engineer with 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Master's Degree in Geotechnical Engineering or related field preferred
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing projects from start to finish