PSI, an Intertek Company, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services is looking for a Project Geotechnical Engineer to join our Business and Construction team in Corpus Christi, TX.
Ranked #14 on the 2018 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Project Geotechnical Engineer will support the Building and Construction business by overseeing the local Geotechnical projects.
- Direct and execute geotechnical project assignments including engineering analysis, report preparation, field exploration and laboratory services.
- Provide project level development of proposals, reports, and ensure that client commitments are met.
- Field and Laboratory sampling and Testing
- Oversight and Testing on Geotechnical project during Design and Construction
- BS degree in Civil Engineering (MS in Geotechnical Engineering a plus
- 2+ years’ experience required
- E.I.T. is required
- P.E. preferred or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Experience in geotechnical report preparation and development of appropriate geotechnical recommendations.
- Strong background in soil mechanics with extensive knowledge of geotechnical analysis and laboratory testing of soil.
- Capable of conducting and supervising field exploration activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of geotechnical engineering software preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.