The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
At Jacobs our structural engineers are responsible for the structural design for new structures as well as existing structural upgrades. Our engineers design unique and challenging projects, and perform investigations to make expert recommendations to clients for various purposes.
- Lead and manage a group of 5 to 10 structural engineers and be based in Oakland, California.
- Participate as a team member, contributing ideas and possible solutions
- Lead on issues where appropriate
- Participate in structural computations.
- Analysis of concrete, steel, and timber structures and conducts calculation checks
- Design drawings, specifications, reports, and other project deliverables while working with the structural engineering team and other disciplines within the project team
- Makes technical assumptions, thinks independently to complete assigned work, and draws engineering conclusions
- Performs assignments designed to develop professional knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and codes.
- Provide design inputs and reviews of other engineer's projects.
- Attend meetings with clients and promote positive client contact with current or prospective clients.
- BS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the analysis and design of structures required Design and construction knowledge of heavy civil underground structures required
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration in the State of California required
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills required
- Strong teamwork skills required
- Strong project management skills required
- Proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD, Civil 3D required
- MS degree in Structural Engineering is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.