Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and consultancy services for industrial, commercial and government organisations globally.
With more than 74,000 people globally, our teams collaborate, innovate and create. Our people are proud to have been behind some of the greatest consultancy and engineering feats over the past
We foster a collaborative and inclusive environment for our people, and our partners, and we want you to be a part of our growing business.
With more than fifty years of Nuclear experience, Jacobs has unrivalled nuclear capability and provides full life-cycle solutions to our nuclear clients. Services include programme and project management, design and engineering, reactor support, construction, commissioning, operations, maintenance, (radioactive) waste management, decommissioning and clean-up.
We have consistently delivered value and innovation to technically challenging and complex nuclear and environmental-related projects by offering multidisciplinary capabilities, technical expertise, proven processes and a commitment to regulatory compliance, health, safety and quality workmanship.
We bring in-depth understanding and best practice for executing projects for the UK Ministry of Defence (MOD), Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA), US Department of Energy (DOE) and several worldwide utility operators and developers.
We have worked on every UK nuclear licensed site and have continuously supported the UK’s Naval Nuclear Propulsion Programme since 1984 where we have grown to be the pre-eminent provider of technical services to the MoD and related support clients on nuclear infrastructure.
The CAD support is responsible for the local support of CAD engineering tools (mainly AVEVA PDMS, Diagrams and Engineering).
The CAD support is responsible for all or part of the following activities:
Support to the engineering teams working with CAD applications by performing the following tasks and activities:
• Installs and configures products and tools with important IT parts (Alligator/Aveva Engineering/Caltuy)
• Tool Administration: performs IT part of administration operations (PML/Monitoring)
• Maybe required to oversee the correct operation of local infrastructures (servers, network) and performance indicators.
• Maybe required to provide first-level support for users, i.e. for the engineering teams, in relation to the correct use of engineering applications.
• Performs a first level of analysis in the event of problems and, if necessary, alerts the support teams in France or the IT operator.
• Is in constant contact with the engineering teams, the CAD teams in France and the local IT technical support.
• Maybe required to delivery training.
• Maybe required to prepare PDMS project data and other CAD tool data deliveries towards the downstream users (contractors).
• May support the CAD/IT lead in the resolution of general IT issues
Supporting - IT/CAD support lead
Note1: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the responsibilities & activities that the job holder may be required to undertake
Note2: Based on our Client site Monday to Friday – 40 hours per week
Note3: Travel and Subsistence is not paid for this role
Note4: BPSS level security required
• Engineer, Junior Engineer or Graduate with relevant qualifications
• Python, PowerShell or Java
• Understanding of web technologies (html/Is/bootstrap/sockets)
• Understanding of PDMS, AutoCAD or TEKLA or other CAD software
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work autonomously
• User of Excel, Access and Sharepoint
• Fluent in English
At Jacobs we have recently celebrated 10 years of our culture of caring - ‘BeyondZero’. We see safety differently - we strive to go BeyondZero by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we promote STEM and WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) initiatives. When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity. To find out more about our networks, check out our website:
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.