Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and construction services for industrial, commercial and government organizations globally. The company employs over 74,000 people and operates in more than 40 countries around the world.
We are looking for a Software Developer 2 to support the Patriot Excalibur (PEX) program on our DevOps team in Fort Walton Beach, FL.
Patriot Excalibur (PEX) is USAF software used to automate processes such as scheduling, training, and standardization/evaluation in squadron sized units using an Agile software engineering approach. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with the team to provide guidance on real world utilization of PEX and conduct test activities
Under governmental direction, provide new software products and capabilities for the Patriot Excalibur software program. Using an Agile software engineering approach, you will be responsible for the analysis, design, development, testing and integration of software within the Patriot Excalibur software suite.
PEX has an immediate opening for a Front-End Developer (AngularJS) who will both design and implement cohesive UI elements within a robust web application based on requirements. This position will work within a small team of front end and middle layer developers in an Agile development environment.
Knowledge, skills & abilities required:
- UI or Middle Layer experience is required.
- Solid grasp of algorithms, memory management, object oriented programming, and concurrent programming.
- Commitment to quality through unit testing, regression testing, and peer reviews.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to articulate design and development concepts clearly.
- Posses the knowledge and experience to perform complex and challenging system and specialty engineering tasks with minimal supervision and has demonstrated experience in performing a variety of complicated tasks
- Working with more experienced team members, participate in team meetings with product owners/business partners to learn the process of defining requirements and software design.
- Proven working experience in web programming
- In-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems
- Ability to master diverse web technologies and techniques
- 3+ Years of .NET Framework and C# experience or equivalent
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), Visual Studio and Git desirable
- Publish/subscribe patterns and middleware experience a plus
Complexity of tasks/responsibilities:
- The employee uses judgment and originality by interpreting data, planning the work, and refining the methods and techniques being used.
- Uses judgment in researching, choosing, interpreting, modifying, and applying available guidelines for adaptation to specific problems or issues.
Work scope may include any/all of the following duties:
- Work as a part of an Agile team to implement product enhancements
- Create the design specifications for development from approved business cases
- Execute unit and system testing of the design once the solution has been developed, and work closely with other team members to successfully deploy the code to production
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data and application through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation and problem resolution
*This list is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities.
Training & Certifications:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related discipline and 4 years of relevant experience required.
Guidelines (level of supervision required to perform):
- The supervisor sets the overall objectives and resources available.
- The employee and supervisor, in consultation, develop the deadlines, projects, and work to be done.
- At this level the employee is responsible for planning and carrying out the assignment; resolving most of the conflicts which arise; coordinating the work with others as necessary, and interpreting policy on own initiative.
- In some assignments, the employee also determines the approach to be taken and the methodology to be used.
- The employee keeps the supervisor informed of progress, potentially controversial matters, far-reaching implications, or intractable problems.
- Must be able to secure and maintain a security clearance, if applicable.
- Must pass drug testing.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be able to read and write effectively in English.
- Must embrace Beyond Zero/Safety principles of Jacobs to include; adhering to safe work practices and standards while performing daily tasks, taking responsibility for own and coworkers’ safekeeping and encouraging others to work safely.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Must perform work activities requiring interaction, negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others.
- Must be able to work under supervision and respond appropriately and professionally to criticism from a supervisor.
- With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA & approved time off, attendance is considered essential.
- Must be able to work within the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Required hours are from 9am to 3pm.
PROOF OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS A REQUIREMENT FOR THIS POSITION
Physical requirements – Light. Exposed to computer monitors, constant wrist movement.
Travel requirements – May be required to travel, but will be infrequent
The Jacobs System Lifecycle Group (SLG) enables the success of Department of Defense (DOD) and other Governmental organizations by providing unmatched systems life-cycle solutions. As a partner to our clients, we focus on innovative and cutting edge solutions that drive value. We take pride in sustaining a strong culture by remaining true to our Core Values: Profitable Growth is an Imperative, People are the heart of our business, Clients are our valued partners, and Performance excellence is our commitment. Jacobs offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation and rewarding career paths. Come join the team whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.