The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Lead project team responsible for performing on-site QA contractor compliance and contract documentation to approved Construction Quality Control Plan and Owner Verification Plan during Design Build Construction by the Contractor. The contracted construction work will include but not limited to management and performance of:
• Reports to and is responsible for supporting the Resident Engineer
• Perform daily surveillance and inspections to verify that the work of the construction Contractor is being completed in accordance with the contract documents, approved shop drawings and NYCT guidelines
• Prepare daily construction reports that identify workforce and daily activities
• Prepare regular status reports and maintain current and accurate record drawings.
• Keep Resident Engineer (RE) and Senior Resident Engineer informed of progress documentation and activities of the Contractor’s QC and Independent QA efforts.
• Daily documentation includes:
· Contractor QC and Independent QA documentation
· Check QA checklists and daily documentation
· Complete Daily reporting including Owner Verification (OV) daily checklists
· Crew size and equipment on site
· Activities performed
· Regular Progress Photographs
• Responsible for field construction efforts, construction sequencing, scheduling, and performance decisions.
• Will assure quality and uniformity of the Contractor QC and Independent QA records and of various contracts in the overall program
• Report and document any field conditions that deviate from the Contract
High school diploma or GED is required
Engineering Bachelor degree is preferred
Minimum 5 years related communications inspection experience is required
Be able to read and interpret contract documents and construction plans
Additional Minimum Qualifications / Preferred Qualifications
Strong PC Skills, familiar in the use of Constructware or similar web-based software and Microsoft Office
Strong time management and attention to detail
Excellent organizational skills
Willingness to train in OSHA, CPR and other Jacobs mandated training classe
Experience with NYCT projects preferred
OSHA-30 and NYCT Track Training Preferred
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.