Geotechnical Engineers - Entry to 2 Years Experience (29501)
Req # 29501 - Posted 05/23/2018 - Parsippany, NJ
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times - Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has openings for Geotechnical Engineers with entry to 2 years of experience at our Parsippany, NJ office. As the successful candidate, you will assist with the preparation of technical reports, specifications, plans, designing foundations, retaining walls, and other geotechnical aspects of construction. Candidate must be able to perform field inspections of geotechnical and foundation projects. Possession of a strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is essential to this position.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering; Master degree with Geotechnical specialty preferred;
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0;
- Entry to 2 years of related geotechnical experience with construction monitoring and investigation field work is strongly desired;
- FE/EIT certification preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Must be willing to spend the majority of their time working in the field;
- Possess reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends; and,
- Local candidate is preferred as relocation assistance is not provided with this position.
Please submit resume, cover letter and academic transcripts.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!