Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine for the second consecutive year, we provide planning, design, build, and maintenance of upstream and midstream oil and gas facilities and infrastructure. With over 5,000 employees across North America, we service exploration, production, storage, and transportation of crude oil and natural gas to end users, both offshore and onshore. We bring together many different aspects including Pipeline and Facilities groups, onshore and offshore offices, and engineering services to help meet the demands of our clients.
The primary responsibility of the project engineer is to ensure the technical integrity of the project including compliance with the project scope, project specifications, accepted good engineering practices, Jacobs and our clients’ work processes, project schedule and overall budget. Project Engineer V is directly responsible to the Project Manager for coordinating and scheduling all phases of engineering, and for the technical specifications necessary to acquire equipment and materials and the technical bid evaluations to procure equipment. This is the highest level Project Engineer and typically assigned to a large project. This level may serve as lead and/or Project Manager on small projects.
- Oversees the engineering activity (all disciplines) on a small project, or designated portions of a project for a global business unit
- Plans and directs engineering assignments on the project
- Have technical responsibilities for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating these assignments
- Supervises the engineering activity on a relative small size project or designated portions of a larger project
- May exercise operational supervision over other project engineers when in a designated lead position
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of industry standards and design criteria within the engineering industry
- Strong knowledge of HSE procedures and practices
- Proficient knowledge of project engineering processes and procedures
- Proficient execution planning skills
- Strong in organizing and managing complex engineering activities
- Working knowledge of project control systems
- Working knowledge of the EPC business and TIC estimating processes
- Knowledge of proposals and bid processes
- Understands engineering estimate basis
- Understands contractual requirements for the project
- BS or MS in an Engineering field with a minimum of 10 years' of related experience in engineering
- Professional Engineering certification in related discipline preferred
- Refinery work experience required
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.