Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services to industrial, commercial and government clients. With revenues approaching $11billion and approximately 50,000 employees across the globe, we are continuing to grow our business every year.
We are looking for talented people to join us across the UK and Ireland to continue our focus on building relationships and delighting our clients (90% of our business is repeat business). In return we have opportunities to work on unique and exciting projects, and a stable platform upon which to develop your career.
Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the Highways UK consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with clients that include the Highways Agency (HA), Transport Scotland, Welsh Government, National Contractors and numerous Local Authorities. Our plans to add to this portfolio continue apace regionally and nationally
- Assist with the implementation and development of CAD and BIM processes, including standards, content and document creation, software and technologies.
- Be proactive in driving the implementation of BIM and plan for future uses of BIM.
- Keep informed with best practices within a BIM environment, maintaining regular focus on advancement in software technologies through blogs, websites, discussion groups etc.
- Assist with project work and technical issues, both locally and nationally, and prepare quality engineering outputs that conform with, but ideally exceed, the requirements of the project brief.
- Contributes to our Lean approach to driving efficiency and removing waste from our processes.
- Maintain Quality Assurance management within the common data environment and with document controllers.
- Work with our integrated delivery teams to globally utilise our resources and develop solutions to drive improvement and efficiency between global teams.
- Produce engineering models and drawings in adherence to Jacobs’ and the Client’s CAD/BIM standards.
- Take responsibility for work prepared by the local team and assist with their training and development to improve knowledge and strengths.
- Several years working within and engineering and design sector, preferably with a background in structures (bridges).
- An in-depth working knowledge of BIM and drawing processes.
- Proficient in the use of CAD/BIM software, particularly AutoCAD, Revit and Navisworks.
- Reasonably competent at reinforcement detailing.
- An experienced view and clear understanding of the structure and hierarchy of designs, models and drawings.
- Checking/reviewing of models and drawings produced by others.
- Working knowledge of MS Office software packages.
- Ability to plan work to make optimum use of time.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Good awareness of a typical Highways design cycle.
- Experience with other CAD/BIM software e.g. CADS RC and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Industry recognised CAD/BIM software certification, or member of affiliated professional bodies.
- Gained or working towards a professional engineering qualification.
We offer a competitive package which includes a Pension and Life Assurance Scheme and the opportunity to participate in our Flexible Benefits programme which offers up to 29 days holiday per annum and a range of additional benefits.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.