acobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 7,000 people in locations across the UK.
Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services to industrial, commercial and government clients. With revenues approaching $11billion and approximately 50,000 employees across the globe, we are continuing to grow our business every year.
We are looking for talented people to join us across the UK and Ireland to continue our focus on building relationships and delighting our clients (90% of our business is repeat business). In return we have opportunities to work on unique and exciting projects, and a stable platform upon which to develop your career.
Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the Highways UK consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with clients that include the Highways England, Transport Scotland, Welsh Government, National Contractors and numerous Local Authorities. Our plans to add to this portfolio continue apace regionally and nationally
We are wishing to recruit an experienced Senior Bridge Engineer to join our established bridges design teams in either Leeds, York or Stockton. You will become a member of a large and expanding team, taking a major role in delivering bridge design services throughout all stages of major project development and in all areas of structures design.
As a Senior Bridge Engineer you will be working on a variety of project types, sizes and complexities. Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of bridge-related structural scheme designs at feasibility, optioneering and detailed design stages, both for new build and modification to existing structures.
- Providing technical direction and mentoring to graduate engineers and/or technicians.
- Preparation of outline drawings and detailed sketches of engineering solutions.
- Interfacing with other Jacobs engineering disciplines such as geotechnical, highways and environmental engineers.
- You will be responsible for resolving technical and construction-related issues as they occur and for the monitoring of progress of your areas of responsibility.
- Preparation of technical approval documentation, contract documents and fee estimates.
- Organising and carrying out General, Principal & Special Inspections and preparation of inspection reports (including occasional out-of-hours working).
- Regular reporting of programme/budget performance to line management
- A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- CEng or near Chartered.
- Significant experience in the UK bridges/highway sector
- Excellent understanding of structural behaviour and detailed knowledge of current codes and standards, including Eurocodes, DMRB, SHW, and Networkrail standards.
- Extensive experience of design analysis and assessment of structures using Structural analysis software such Midas or LUSAS.
- Experience of liaising and negotiating with client representatives and senior staff.
- Able to produce well-presented and accurate reports.
- Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice.
- Capability to manage tasks and costs; and deliver programmed work.
- Good IT skills.
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of ECI or design and build projects
- Experience of rail bridge design
- Experience of construction supervision
- Good working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options.
- Health and Safety training in the Bridges Sector
- Proficient with use of AutoCAD
We offer a competitive package which includes a Pension and Life Assurance Scheme and the opportunity to participate in our Flexible Benefits programme which offers up to 28 days holiday per annum and a range of additional benefits.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.