The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs has an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professionals and to apply the latest technology to help our clients solve their most challenging problems. In this role, the Civil Designer will assist other technical staff by performing various aspects of site design, transportation, and utility infrastructure projects, subsequently providing familiarity with the programs, staff, and operating procedures of the company. The Civil Designer’s work will span a variety of commercial and governmental project phases from concept design through construction administration and closeout. Following are some of the opportunities/responsibilities associated with this position:
- Performs civil design calculations for a variety of projects, exhibits, technical comparisons and similar technical work, as required by assignment.
- Assists in preparing design drawings and construction documents using Civil3D.
- Researches code issues and coordinates with City, County, and State officials as necessary for design requirements.
- Attends design review meetings.
- Produces plan sets and electronic file deliverables.
- Prepares quantity measurements/calculations to support project cost estimating.
- Assists with other duties and responsibilities assigned by Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.
- Coordinates project assignments with others in his/her discipline group.
- Thorough understanding of computer-aided design, modeling and graphic tools is required.
- A minimum of four (4) years of professional experience with Civil 3D design software performing site layout, grading, drainage and/or utility modeling is required.
- Engineering or technical degree is preferred.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.