Jacobs Telecommunication has been at the forefront of creating a new generation of wireless communication infrastructure for over 40 years. We specialize in network development - complete telecom life cycle solutions, which has ranked us in ENR's Top 20 Design Firms for the telecommunications sector in 2014. While the wireless world is ever changing, the demand for innovative technology and long term support services remains constant. These services include site acquisition, design and construction, to full operations, maintenance, and deconstruction.
The Telecom Construction Manager is responsible for the project's construction schedule, expenses, and quality and safety. This position also manages the resources performing the construction work including direct reporting staff, matrix staff, and vendor and subcontractor resources.
- Must maintain and enforce the Jacobs Beyond Zero safety program, ensure daily jobsite safety plans are reviewed and followed, and stop work when unsafe work practices or conditions exist
- Provides on-site analysis of ongoing specific construction projects; utilizing higher level construction managers or project managers for advice on changes in plans
- Interface with the client's engineering team, as well as utilizing the company's engineering and management team for decisions
- Installs the quality program for Jacobs and subcontractors work, making certain all quality standards are met to customer specifications
- 3+ years of industry experience required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Engineering or technical degree preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.