In this role you will be involved in the ongoing management and development of a number of large Owner Operator German accounts, some of which have a global presence. You will be required to prospect for NEW business which will be within those existing accounts and also new accounts within the defined Industry sector.
- Use of direct sales techniques - including Account Management Planning and Strategic Selling - meeting with assigned end-users to develop and maintain the relationships at various levels within a given account, setting up product demonstrations, and closing sales to meet the revenue goals.
- Acting as primary contact within specified accounts by: a.) acting as the responsible direct contact partner for all communications to and from accounts; b.) determining the sales strategy and follow-up; and c.) negotiating and implementing approved contracts.
- Prospecting and closing new business opportunities with new users.
- Participating in sales events such as: trade shows, product demonstration seminars, user specific technical demonstrations, etc.
- Adopting approved sales strategies, and suggesting and developing new strategies.
- Following the Bentley Sales Methodology and documenting the sales process in C4S.
- Establishing sales implementation plans for assigned user base.
- Preparing sales reports in SAP C4S on various aspects of sales activities in the territory assigned to include such things as: forecasts, sales data, etc.
- Maintaining a high knowledge level of the company's products and services, as well as knowledge on the particular Industry workflows, business drivers, and major players.
- Good presentation, communication and negotiation skills in German and English are required.
- At least 5 years of experience selling software solutions within Process Indutries (or similar markets). Ideally within one of the following areas Asset Information Management, Document Management, Engineering Design and Analytics.
- Availability to travel mostly within Germany, but with the occasional requirement to go to other countries where offices of global accounts are located.
- Engineering degree would be a preference, but not essential
Bentley Systems is a global leader in providing architects, engineers, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive software solutions for advancing the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure. Bentley users leverage information mobility across disciplines and throughout the infrastructure lifecycle to deliver better-performing projects and assets. Bentley solutions encompass MicroStation applications for information modeling, ProjectWise collaboration services to deliver integrated projects, and AssetWise operations services to achieve intelligent infrastructure – complemented by worldwide professional services and comprehensive managed services.
Founded in 1984, Bentley has more than 3,000 colleagues in over 50 countries, more than $600 million in annual revenues, and since 2008 has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions.