Jacobs is a global provider of technical, professional and scientific services including engineering, architecture, construction, operations and project management. Our portfolio spans industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
About the opportunity
Jacobs is the lead contractor providing EPCM services for the Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project. This contract is worth $2.8b of surface and infrastructure works and will see us leading the way until 2022 to deliver this project successfully and safely. As part of our project team, we are seeking experienced Senior Civil & Structural Engineers to work on key based in Mongolia
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of engineers and designer and manage the project team
- Develop the engineering design & specification
- Conduct Structural design reviews
- Coordination with various multi disciplines
- Interface with client and other agencies on their review and approval
- Degree in Civil and Structural Engineering recognized by the Professional Engineers Board
- 8 years of relevant experience in an engineering/consulting firm
- Familiarity with structural design software programs such as Staad Pro and Orion, etc.
- Familiarity with Eurocode, Singapore, British Standards
- Conversant with local regulations including submission procedures
- Prior experience in oil & gas, process plant and pharmaceutical buildings is preferred
- Person shall be a team player and shall have good inter-discipline communication
- Willing to work in Mongolia
Assignment will be for 3 duration with a possible chance of extension up to 6 -months duration.
At Jacobs we value people. Having the right balance of diversity, career and lifestyle enables us to consistently deliver and exceed clients’ expectations.
Working alongside industry leaders, you will have the opportunity to develop your career working on key projects in an environment which encourages collaboration, knowledge sharing and innovation.