The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
This position designs components or portions of systems, and modifies existing designs to develop or improve them. The work is to be completed within the Buildings and Infrastructure group at our Bellevue, WA office.
- Prepare technical drawings for structural, civil and transportation design projects.
- Successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate an ability to work within a Civil3D, Microstation V8i or Revit environment. Eventual competence in all three software platforms is not a requirement but will be an expectation for future growth.
- Candidate should be able to work under moderate to minimal supervision in order to estimate, organize and perform the tasks necessary to complete assigned projects successfully.
- Prepare new engineering drawings from rough sketches or from general engineering and design information using project specific CADD software programs
- Revise or change existing drawings and complete simple calculations with specific instructions
- Verify project standards are being used and correct detailing and plan preparation manuals are utilized
- Adhere to client-specific quality control process
- Work as a team member with solid communication, time management and an eye for detail
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Computer Aided Design and Drafting Technology or Civil Engineering Technology is preferred
- A minimum of 1+ year of professional experience is required
- Motivated individual with interest in continued software education is required
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments is required
- Expertise in at least one of the following CADD software programs with strong motivation to learn additional software:
- Bentley’s Microstation V8i and ProjectWise
- Autodesk’s Civil3D 2016 or later
- Autodesk's Revit
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.