The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
In this role, the Civil/Environmental Engineer will work in the Water Group by performing specialized technical and managerial aspects of engineering assignments in surface and stormwater collection, including conveyance and treatment. Additional assignments may include water resources and other water-related topics. Serves as a responsible technical lead, performing technical tasks and coordinating the use of resources to accomplish multiple, concurrent water infrastructure projects.
- Leads engineering and managerial efforts for planning, design, and engineering services during construction for Water Group projects.
- Contributes individually or as the leader of a design team; prepares, and/or reviews plans, technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
- Performs civil design calculations, sketches, technical evaluations and similar technical work for a variety of projects.
- Conducts, plans, schedules, or coordinates assigned work within the Water Group. Responsible for the ongoing progress of project tasks, including the coordination of the project with Jacobs public and non-public sector clients.
- Serves as a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams.
- Participates in contract bid process and administration; observes and/or supervises project action on site.
- Supervises the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project. Mentors office staff.
- Provides input into development of scope and budget documents for new work.
- Supports the Water Group Leads and Bellevue Sales Leads in identifying and tracking pursuits, and assists in developing and implementing capture plans.
- Provides input to group management on developing and maintaining a strategic business plan for the Bellevue office and the Northwest Region in concert with the overall plans of the company.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Water Group Leads
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil and/or Environmental Engineering with a focus on water is required.
- Master’s Degree in Civil and/or Environmental Engineering with a focus on water resources is preferred.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) is required. If not a Washington State PE, must be able to obtain this within one year of hire.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive stormwater, water resources, water, and wastewater infrastructure design experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the design and preparation of stormwater plans, specifications, estimates, studies, proposals and/or reports is required.
- Experience in composing a Hydraulic Report and performing the necessary calculation for design and the report submittal are required.
- Experience in working within a multi-disciplinary teams of both in-house and external team members to accomplish complex engineering, planning, and design assignments is required.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all staff levels in a professional manner is required.
- Experience in data analysis related to complex hydrologic, hydraulic, and water quality problems related to stormwater design is desirable.
- Experience with and knowledge of complex hydrologic and hydraulic computer-based models is desirable.
- Possess time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Proficiency with MicroStation and Inroads is required.
- Proficiency with MGS Flood is required.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D is preferred.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.