JACOBS is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors. With offices in Dublin, Cork and Belfast, our Ireland Operations boasts an extensive portfolio spanning industry sectors from infrastructure and buildings to semiconductor and pharmaceutical.
Our Infrastructure Team provides multidisciplinary solutions to water, highways, transport, waste and energy clients. From feasibility studies and planning, to design, construction management and operations and maintenance, we bring together the talent and expertise necessary to deliver success.
To meet our growing Irish business needs, and future development aspirations, we are looking for a Senior Environmental Professional, to join our established Environment, Maritime and Resilience Business Unit in our Dublin office.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities
In servicing our client base, our Ireland based team project manage and deliver Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA), Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEA), Environment Management Systems (EMS), environmental monitoring programmes and permit applications. Our team are currently working on a range of diverse, high profile projects across Ireland and the UK.
With exposure to a wide range of market sectors and an extensive knowledge pool, you will deliver dynamic, innovative solutions to internal and external clients.
As an environmental consultant you will be working on a wide range of projects. You will work as part of a team, helping to plan and deliver programmes on a range of projects for a variety of clients. Your role will include:
- Identifying health and safety hazards of specific projects, demonstrating a commitment to your own health and safety and to those around you;
- Supporting delivery of high quality multi-disciplinary environmental projects, including EIA and SEA to Clients;
- Provision of technical input to environmental assessment projects including data collection, analysis and assessment;
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues and client teams;
- Writing and supporting the review of environmental deliverables; and
- Attendance and input at both Jacobs and client meetings/workshops.
- Recognised Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering degree qualification or Masters.
- Relevant experience, either working within a commercial or consulting environment;
- Experience in understanding and identifying environmental impacts associated with infrastructure projects;
- Technical abilities in the areas of EIA and SEA and the ability to support the delivery of high quality environmental deliverables;
- Knowledge of environmental legislation - particularly Irish legislation and guidance;
- Excellent written and oral communications, including editorial skills;
- Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice;
- Full Irish or UK driver’s license;
- Ability and flexibility to function as part of multi-disciplinary teams located across a number of offices is essential and
- Travel to and working in other offices within Ireland and the UK, as required.
- Membership of a chartered professional body
- Attained chartership with professional body or on track to attain chartership status;
- Postgraduate degree;
- Knowledge and use of GIS; and
- Familiarity with Irish environmental law.