SENIOR CIVIL/RAILWAY ENGINEER– RAILWAY PROJECTS
Location:Canada - Vancouver Job Code:1336-P18
As a Senior Civil/Railway Engineer with the Power & Transportation Group, you will have the opportunity to work on large-scale world-class projects with an organization with a long and impressive history. Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) continues to be a leader in geoscience, engineering and environmental consulting and has an exciting future in several strategic markets. This role will provide you with excellent technical challenges and an opportunity to grow both a team and portfolio of clients into a thriving business.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Act as a Project Manager for passenger and freight railway related projects involving conceptual and detailed design of track and port facilities; railway operational geohazard risk management including inspection and mitigation design and construction; geotechnical site investigations; earth and rock slope design and mitigation; erosion control measures; geostructures; river engineering; and other geotechnical and civil engineering services associated with railway operating environments
- Build and maintain client relationships and engage in business development activities to grow the company’s service offerings in the Rail Sector
- Work in a multidisciplinary and multi-office team environment that fosters career development
- Travel within Canada, primarily BC to Ontario
If you are registered as a Professional Engineer in Canada, have a Bachelor or Master's degree in Civil or Geological Engineering and a minimum of 10 years of related experience, we want to hear from you!
We value your:
- Strong initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success
- Demonstrated leadership, decision-making and coaching skills, especially your ability to train and mentor young professionals
- Superior verbal and written communication skills including your experience in writing proposals, technical reports and general project correspondence
- Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our multidisciplinary project teams
- Strong business acumen and your ability to develop and grow relationships with a variety of clients
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. KCB has been one of Canada's leading geotechnical consultants for over 60 years. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru and Brazil. Klohn Crippen Berger is a member of the Louis Berger Group, a leading international consulting firm with more than 80 offices worldwide. KCB is a platinum member of Canada's Best Managed Companies.
At KCB, the project work is challenging and varied, and there are opportunities for travel. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1336-P18.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.