WATER RESOURCES ENGINEER IN CAMP HILL, PA , AT GANNETT FLEMING
Date Posted: 3/13/2018
WHAT YOU WILL DO
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,000+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
As Gannett Fleming continues to grow and expand, we are looking for a talented team member to support our Dams and Hydraulics team at our corporate headquarters in Harrisburg PA. Gannett Fleming is recognized as a national leader in dams and water resources engineering, providing a comprehensive range of engineering services for dams, flood control, water supply, and transportation projects – from planning, engineering, and design through construction management and decommissioning. We rely on our water resources engineers to deliver quality results that will actively engage our clients and advance our company forward.
In this role, you will need to be a driven, motivated engineer with practical knowledge in water resources and dam engineering, in addition to a passion for project design and modeling. You must be able to write effectively while using design software to best emulate our vision for our clients’ projects.
Our team will need you to review project site conditions, provide technical assistance to staff and clients, and provide quality design water resource projects. As a water resource engineer, you are an integral part of our team and our company.
- Support design for water resource projects including new dams, dam rehabilitation, and flood control projects as well as hydraulic structures
- Perform hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and similar engineering calculations
- Conduct field reviews of project sites to assess existing conditions
- Provide technical support to design projects and studies including safe yield studies, fish passage, stream restorations, and bridge scour studies
- Prepare technical reports and present findings to clients
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 0-10 years of experience
- We will also consider recent graduate in Civil Engineering with a water resources or dam engineering emphasis
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) or Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification
- Experience with GIS applications and computer programming, in addition to computer software experience such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, SITES, two and three-dimensional water resources software and modeling programs, and Microsoft Office
- Ability to prepare contracts, design reports, and other client documents
- Desire to assist with business development through client visit and preparing proposals
- Masters’ Degree with emphasis in water resources and dam engineering
Life at Gannett Fleming
At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Location: Camp Hill, PA
Working Hours: 8 AM – 5 PM
Employment Status: Full-Time
Internal Requisition ID: 2017-4660