The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Great opportunity to join the Transportation Design Team as a Senior Structural/Bridge Engineer in our downtown Baltimore office. This structural engineer will develop and provide oversight for design, analysis, and inspections of transportation structures including bridges, retaining walls, culverts, foundations and other structures for both highway and transit projects.
• Performing a key role on structural project teams in all aspects of design ranging from type, size, and location studies to final design and construction support services.
• Serving as task manager for design tasks on small to medium-sized projects.
• Serving as project engineer on large, complex projects.
• Training, directing, and mentoring junior level engineers.
• Performing and/or leading bridge inspections.
• Assisting in business development and proposal efforts.
• Performing QA/QC on deliverables.
• Completing tasks within schedule and budget within multi-disciplined teams.
• Bachelors of Science in Civil/Structural Engineering required, Master’s Degree preferred.
• Maryland Professional Engineering license required.
• Minimum 7-10 years related transportation structural design experience required.
• Proficiency in the design and analysis of bridges made from structural steel, and reinforced and prestressed concrete required.
• Familiarity with AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications required.
• Experience with MDOT clients (SHA, MDTA, and/or MTA) preferred.
• Bridge inspection experience required, NHI/NBIS certification desired.
• Experience on design-build projects desired.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite plus a variety of structural engineering analysis and design software required.
• Proficiency with Microstation and ProjectWise desired.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.