Jacobs Engineering Inc. is one of the world?s largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional and construction services.
We are led by core values : people are our greatest asset, we are a relationship based company and growth is imperative.
Our culture of care with our core values form a solid foundation upon which our business is built.
Jacobs currently employs 66.000 people in 250 offices across 30 countries.
Perform engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of building structures, and facilities, such as roads, railroads, airports, bridges, harbors, channels, dams, irrigation projects, pipelines, power plants, water and sewage systems, and waste disposal units.
- Conceptualizes the initial civil design approach for major phases of large and small land/site development or transportation related projects, has the responsibility for own civil engineering work of aforementioned types of projects
- Plans, schedules, and conducts own civil work under the supervision of a Senior Civil Engineer.? Performs the design and monitors ongoing process of a project, including the coordination of the project with City, State, and County officials, and other outside agencies
- Resolves a variety of complex problems (i.e. conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements)
- Consults with supervisor on unusual problems and developments
- Serves as a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams
- Prepare plans and technical specifications, contract documents and estimates
- Participates in contract bidding and administration: observes project activity on site
- Performs other duties assigned by a Senior or Lead Engineer or Project Manager
- 2-4 years of progressive work experience in the civil engineering field is required
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering is required
- Knowledge of advanced civil engineering techniques is required and ability to interface with other disciplines on projects is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- AutoCAD proficiency is required
- EIT or PE certificate is preferred and eligible to sit for PE exam within 18 months
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred
- Civil 3D and LEED experience preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you?ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.