Geocomp is seeking a full-time Engineer with a geotechnical background and project management experience to join our team of highly skilled engineers in our Acton, MA headquarters. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a high performing growth-oriented professional consulting group.
When you join Geocomp, you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture, focused on delivering best practices. You will find that we offer a collaborative and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. We encourage all of our employees to strive for personal excellence and to act with integrity and honesty. We are looking for candidates who enjoy delivering innovative, value-based solutions for our clients and who have a desire to learn, grow and have fun doing it. Those who take initiative and who are self-motivated will thrive in Geocomp's environment.
In this role you will work closely with a team of professionals in our Consulting Services division. You will manage mid-size to large geotechnical projects and you will provide your technical expertise to exceed our client expectations. You will routinely interact or manage relationships with clients, customers, officials, contractors, and others stakeholders and will ensure all deliverables are on time and within scope and budget.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Review complete project documents for conformity to company standards and quality assurance.
- Under guidance and review of the Senior Project Manager, you will:
- Plan full project scope of work
- Prepare proposals to provide professional services or obtain funding for engineering projects or programs
- Prepare proposals and budgets
- Prepare technical reports
- Prepare all required calculations and identify areas where additional expertise is needed and takes ownership for filling in knowledge gaps.
- Prepare draft of specifications and drawings
- Develop new techniques and/or improves processes, materials or products.
- Supervise and mentor junior staff throughout project life cycle.
- Attendance at conferences and networking events
- Other responsibilities as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Project Manager/Engineer with 8+ years of relevant experience
- Master's Degree in Geotechnical Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer (or ability to obtain PE within 1 year)
- Strong collaboration with ability to work effectively with colleagues and within multidisciplinary teams
- Strong time and people management skills
- Excellent client interface skills with strong commitment to client service
- Willingness to travel and spend time on project site during critical stages