GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER - ADVANCED NUMERICAL MODELLING
Location:Canada - Calgary Job Code:1331-A18
As a Geotechnical Engineer with advanced numerical modeling capability, you will be joining our close-knit Geotechnical Engineering team who are working on our strong portfolio of major water supply and hydropower dams, mine waste and tailings storage facilities, and infrastructure projects in Canada and internationally. In this role, you will collaborate with our talented professionals who are committed to delivering high quality engineering solutions to our clients.
KCB is an established, award winning company with a global influence whose success is based on delivering solutions to the toughest technical challenges facing our clients. KCB continues to grow and has an exciting future in several strategic markets in Canada and internationally. This role will give you the opportunity to help us grow the Resources Group in Alberta and advance your career in our One Team culture that values a winning attitude, continual learning and innovation, adaptability and flexibility, engagement, and having fun.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Gain experience working on our portfolio of projects including water supply and hydropower dams, mine waste and tailings storage facilities, and geohazard risk mitigation.
- Develop and oversee site investigations and monitoring programs, complete engineering studies, and undertake conceptual to detailed engineering designs.
- Lead and oversee advanced 2D and 3D numerical static and dynamic modeling assignments.
- Use your problem-solving and modeling skills to find innovative solutions to complex technical issues.
- Receive on-going guidance and mentorship from leaders in the industry.
- Work in a dynamic One Team company culture that supports career development.
- Contribute to the growth of the Resources Group and engage and mentor junior staff.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our Clients and our multidisciplinary project teams.
- Travel primarily in Western Canada and potentially to our overseas project locations.
If you have more than five years of relevant experience and are registered or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer in Canada, and hold a Masters degree or Ph.D. in geotechnical engineering with a strong emphasis on numerical modeling and analysis, preferably related to dams, tailings management in the oil sands, mining, hydropower or related industries, we want to hear from you!
We value your:
- Working knowledge and demonstrated practical application of advanced 2D and 3D numerical static and dynamic modeling software, including FLAC, to define the problem and develop solutions.
- Solid understanding of soil and rock characteristics and behavior.
- Technical experience in dam engineering and tailings and mine waste engineering including liquefaction susceptibility and deformation assessments.
- Strong initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills including your experience in writing engineering reports and technical papers, preparing and delivering technical presentations to clients and Review Boards, and overseeing preparation of design drawings.
- Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our clients and our project teams.