The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
The civil engineer will oversee the design and construction of the site on the project.
- Responsible for working as part of the oversight team to respond to questions during procurement, part of the analysis of ATCs as needed, review proposals as part of the evaluation process
- Assure all civil designs are compliant with the project requirements and participate in design reviews
- Review and approve any deviations and RFIs
- Responsible for working with the construction manager to assure that the construction is completed in accordance with the design
- Participate in change control panel as needed
- Report progress and issues monthly
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering
- Registration as a California Professional Engineer
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in design and construction of buildings or infrastructure
- Computer skills (strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, working knowledge of databases, able to prepare flowchart, use Adobe and Outlook)
- Good verbal and written communication skills (including grammar, spelling)
- Ability to prioritize work
- Ability to take direction and complete tasks with minimal direction or supervision
- Work expeditiously, and under time constraints
- Very organized and detail oriented
- Team player
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.