- Construction, Roads & Bridges, Transportation
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas.
We work together across an international network of offices. This means that wherever in the world a project is being delivered, our clients benefit from industry-leading expertise, as well as a dedicated local contact. We understand the importance of having deep roots in the community; knowing and understanding local requirements, practices and culture. This allows us to be true collaborative partners with our clients, so that together, we can tackle complex projects and enhance communities throughout the U.S. and around the world.
Want to work for a company who values passion, doing the right thing, putting clients first and working collaboratively to provide excellence in all they do? Take heart, you'll find it here.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Norman, Oklahoma Construction Management Group as a Construction Manager.
MAJOR FUNCTION/ ROLE
- Under direction, provides direction in all conventional and unconventional aspects of construction engineering to manage project construction observation and documentation activities, monitoring contractors' substantial compliance with contract, plans, specifications and special provisions and determining project quality, cost, and adherence to established completion schedule. NOTE: Incumbents do not supervise any contractor's activities and are not responsible for job site safety.
- Performs non-manual field work that involves a combination of conventional and complex features, requiring the application of sound and diversified professional knowledge in board areas of assignments, usually including the coordination of various projects.
- Plans and organizes the observation and documentation of construction projects.
- Schedules and coordinates observation of ongoing work and testing and sampling of materials.
- Assigns, leads and supervises internal staff engaged in observation and testing and in related record keeping.
- Monitors contractors' progress against schedule and prepares progress reports.
- Reviews payment requests and determines amount owing to contractor(s) based on on-site observations and contract stipulations.
- Oversees compilation of final estimate documents.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EXPERIENCE and EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, civil engineering, or related field and seven years related experience including personnel supervision. Engineering design experience desirable. With Associate's degree, ten years of related experience. Without a degree, fifteen years related experience is required.
- Leadership and managerial skills; analytical and organization skills; ability to supervise field representatives and field office personnel.
- P.E. desired.
- Strong DOT background, prefer experience with ODOT.