- Rail, Transportation
tkins is one of the world's leading engineering companies. Its rail business is the largest in its field in Europe. With about 2500 specialists including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, and various environmental experts our Transportation division (including rail) provides high value engineering services predominantly to the UK market including signalling, telecommunications, electrification and plant, civil, highways, track and rolling stock.
Atkins Transportation provide provides engineering, design consultancy and specialist services to the rail industry. We have a national presence across the UK with telecommunications in Glasgow, London, York, Birmingham, Manchester and Derby. Our telecommunications team is highly respected by our clients and we are currently delivering high profile infratstructure projects on East West Rail, HS2 EDP and Euston Station Enabling for HS2.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Telecommunications Engineer to support our teams in delivering both operational and station telecommunication designs at all stages of the delivery cycle.
• Degree or HND in a suitable subject.
• Holder of IRSE Telecoms Design Manager, or Engineering Manager License.
• Chartered Engineer (or working towards)
A good technical understanding and experience of:
• Operational Telephones
• Telephone Concentrators
• Troughing/buried cable routes
• Copper and Optical Cable Design and Circuit migration
• Telecoms Assurance and Compliance
• Transmission Equipment (FTN/FTNx)
• Power / UPS equipment
• Radio systems
• Telecommunications immunisation
Previous experience as a CRE for Telecoms.
Desirable Criteria - A knowledge of:
• Station Management Systems
As CRE / Technical Lead
• Provide bidding support to the team leader and bid mangers by producing cost estimates and methodologies
• Act as Consultant, Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) or Technical Lead on projects as required. Production of designs for GRIP 2-5 and specifications.
• Undertaking the CRE duties described in Network Rail standard NR/L2/INI/02009
• Accountable for the quality of all project based engineering deliverables.
• Identify, understand and promulgate client needs and expectations to ensure client satisfaction on all projects and maximise the opportunities for repeat business.
• Support Delivery Managers to ensure timely delivery of projects.
• Management of discipline specific project budgets and programme
• Oversee the production of design documentation in line with client requirements
• Assist with the development and mentoring of our emerging professional and graduate staff.
• Support and encourage the identification and development of new opportunities in order to meet operational and strategic objectives.
• Ensure that market intelligence and client opportunities are recorded and communicated via an agreed process.