US-DE-Dover | US-PA-Philadelphia
2 weeks ago
The Structural Engineer candidate will perform engineering and structural design tasks for structural systems in highway structures and transportation projects. Must be familiar with structure design methods, codes, standards and design computer programs. The candidate will assist in structural analysis and design activities. Must be able to multi-task and contribute with project teams to perform work to meet/exceed client expectations. Must be capable of working with other technical design staff in a multi-discipline team environment and participate in day-to-day design activities.
- Provide structural analysis and design.
- Provide design details, quantities and cost estimates.
- Assist in development of structural standards and specifications.
- Provide responses to technical inquiries.
- Assist in development of design concepts and reports.
- Prepare technical submittals.
- Review shop drawings, construction methods and operational procedures.
- Prepare production drawings utilizing Microstation.
- Perform field investigations and inspections.
- Participates in in-depth study projects, working independently on technical engineering assignments and providing support to team leaders
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering required; Master's Degree preferred. Must be able to obtain PE licensing in the future. Knowledge of concrete, steel design in accordance with current codes is required. Must be familiar with Finite Element Modeling Software and structural software packages, as well as experience with MathCAD, Microsoft Word and Excel, along with Microstation. Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills are essential. Excellent references required.