1 week ago
Prepares structural calculations and oversees production drawings for assigned projects in accordance with standards (i.e., DOT) and department procedures. Candidate will assist in structural analysis and design activities. Must be able to multi-task and contribute with project teams to perform work to meet/exceed client expectations.
- Performs inspection, field investigations & surveys.
- Assists in the preparation of cost estimates and analyzing material costs, quality and quantity.
- Assists in developing project standards and specifications.
- Prepares preliminary and final designs from field notes and data files.
- Reads and interprets engineering sketches, maps, survey field notes, aerial photographs and drawings.
- Performs structural calculations utilizing SAP2000 or LARSA 4D or other structural software packages.
- Performs engineering plans preparation and review.
- Participates in in-depth study projects, working independently on technical engineering assignments and providing support to project engineer or architect.
Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering preferred. Must have a PE License or be able to obtain PE Licenses in VA, MD or DC. At least five years of experience in structural engineering design, calculations, bridge inspection, and production drawing oversight also preferred. Must be familiar with SAP or other finite element analysis as well as experience with MathCAD, Microsoft Word and Excel. AutoCAD along with Microstation. Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills are essential. Excellent references required.