The time is right to join HNTB Corporation! HNTB is currently seeking a Sr Field Representative at our Northern NJ project location.
Under minimal supervision, performs a variety of assignments such as: monitoring construction progress to assure proper installation sequences and compliance with schedule and contract requirements; assisting in the review and modification of schedules, specifications, and drawings; recognizing basic construction or engineering problems, and applying standard techniques and procedures to resolve same; preparing short-term schedules to identify potential scheduling problems and recommending possible solutions; reviewing completed construction work and maintaining checklist of items yet to be completed; and coordinating the activities of a survey team.
- Liaison between client, contractor, and design staff.
- Implements plans and specifications.
- Prepares project correspondence.
- Facilitates project progress meetings.
- Prepares and monitors internal HNTB project controls.
- Assists in the overall administration of projects.
- Assures construction activities are in accordance with contractual documents and are completed within budget and schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
10 years construction related experience
All jurisdictional certifications as required
The Sr. Field Representative should be well versed in the Electrical / ITS components for Toll Plazas, Traffic Signals, VMS signs, Traffic Surveillance, and Roadway lighting systems.
It is also requested that the Sr Field Representative have the following qualifications:
- NICET IV certificate or equivalent
- ACI concrete certificate
- SAT Asphalt Certificate
- TCC (Traffic Control Coordinator)
- OSHA 40 hour Safety Training Program
- OSHA 40 hour Health and Safety Training for Hazardous Waste
- TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential)
- CFOT (Fiber Optic certificate)
General Work Conditions
Combination Office and Field Environment: Most work is performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use. Work may infrequently be performed at client’s job site, construction trailer, and in the field. Work may sometimes require working in inclement weather, working in a construction site, being exposed to heavy construction equipment and doing extensive walking. Adherence to applicable safety protocol is required.