Geocomp provides technologies and a full range of solutions to manage risk for infrastructure. Since 1982, our experienced teams of engineers and scientists have been solving the world's most challenging geo-engineering problems in a wide-range of public and private work projects. We specialize in the engineering and control of risk for construction below the ground surface for all types of structures - and we excel on tough projects with challenging soil conditions and related structural design criteria.
Geocomp is seeking a Project Engineer experienced in geostructural monitoring, manual reading of instrumentation, and the use of automated total stations. Work involves instrumentation and performance monitoring of construction activities for projects located in the DC area.
- Supervise and coordinate contractors and field work for installation, maintenance and monitoring of performance monitoring instrumentation
- Perform on-going evaluations of data and status of monitoring systems on projects
- Optimize work tasks and prepare weekly monitoring reports
- Review, communicate, and manage project health and safety plan so that project personnel, clients, and subcontractors are aware of risks and hazards, and accidents are prevented
- Perform additional responsibilities as needed at any level to ensure strong company performance
- Daily interaction with client
- B.S. Civil Engineering with geotechnical or structural focus
- Minimum 4 years of construction experience, including structural and geotechnical instrumentation
- Solid field documentation skills
- Excellent client interface skills
- Strong time management and people skills
- Solid written and verbal English communication
- Experience with project management scheduling tools/software a plus
As a dynamic, innovative company, Geocomp is much more than a place to work-here your ideas and creative thinking have high visibility and directly impact our success. Geocomp's inspiring leadership, cutting-edge technology and highly engaged, motivated employees help make this a unique place to grow your career.
Geocomp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.