|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Construction|
|Career Level||no degree required|
|Years of Experience||8|
|Residence Location||United States|
With 2016 revenues of approximately $10.9 billion, Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs) is one of the largest publicly traded (NYSE: JEC) and diverse providers of professional technical services in the world. Founded in 1947, the company now has nearly 54,000 employees that help us prosper in diverse industries by holding true to our values and culture. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, our global network spans more than 230+ offices in countries across North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Australia, Africa and Asia.
The company’s service portfolio consists of a comprehensive range of business solutions related to engineering, architecture, construction, operations and maintenance and scientific and specialty consulting.
Jacobs Global Field Services is a premier provider of construction, maintenance and capital project solutions. With an ever expanding workforce of both direct hire craft and professional staff, Jacobs Global Field Services provides support to clients in petrochemical, chemical, pharmaceutical, consumer products, pulp and paper, automotive, mining and metals business lines across multiple markets.
The Civil Superintendent will be part of the Jacobs Field Services Construction Team. In this support role, the Civil Superintendent will interact with Jacobs construction sites, clients, and engineering offices to ensure successful management of all rigging functions in accordance with established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements as approved by the company.
- Monitors the activities of contractors and subcontractors performing craftwork, ensuring compliance with project quality, safety, and security requirements.
- Ensures that all subordinates are trained on and aware of specifications and work procedures and are utilized to ensure optimal efficiency.
- Maintains effective schedule and cost control of craft personnel.
- Plans required work activity to ensure that design drawings, tools, equipment, and materials are available when needed.
- Responsible for safety of supervised personnel; ensures that craft personnel comply with established safety policies and procedures, and that they practice safe work habits.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in civil craft as laborer required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as General Forman or Supervisory role required.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in heavy industrial construction and/or maintenance required.
- Demonstrated safety leadership experience required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.